Where we come from
To ensure the supply of primary raw materials and products to the stainless steel manufacturing industry, in 2004 Günter Pilarsky founded CRONIMET Mining GmbH as a strategic raw materials investor.
Since 2010 CRONIMET Mining has traded as a public limited company, and has now developed into an independent and successful part of the CRONIMET Group.
Our history at a glance...
- Foundation of CRONIMET Mining GmbH (Germany)
- Majority acquisition (60%) of the mining company Zangezur Copper Molybdenum Combine CJSC (ZCMC) in Armenia
- Opening of the CRONIMET Mining GmbH office in Yerevan, Armenia
- In recognition of his great service to the country, the Armenian government appoints Günter Pilarsky, Founder of the CRONIMET Group, Honorary Consul of the Republic of Armenia.
- The Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Armenia is opened at the CRONIMET headquarters in Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Exploration rights are acquired at an important chrome ore mine at the Bushveld Complex in South Africa. A new company is founded for the South African business, trading under the name CRONIMET Chrome South Africa (PTY) Ltd. (CCSA)
- Foundation of the mining company CRONIMET Chrome Mining SA (CCMSA) as a subsidiary of CCSA
- Foundation of the Swiss trading company CRONIMET Central Africa (CCA)
- Foundation of the Swiss trading company CRONIMET Metal Trading (CMT)
- Extension of the licences for Copper Molybdenum Combine CJSC (ZCMC) up to 2030
- Acquisition of the Rwandan trading and processing company Minerals Supply Africa (MSA) by CRONIMET Central Africa (CCA)
- CRONIMET Mining GmbH changes into a public listed company and changes its name to CRONIMET Mining AG on 16 November 2010
- CRONIMET Chrome Mining SA (CCMSA) gains the licences required to extract chrome ore from the Thaba Mine for a period of 30 years. Start of the first exploration project in South Africa
- Foundation of the subsidiary International Base Metal Trading AG (IBMT)
- Start of industrial production at the Thaba Mine
- CRONIMET Mining AG gains exploration rights for Rwanda. Start of industrial production
- Foundation of the CRONIMET Charity Foundation to unite the company's social activities
- Sale of a 50% stake in International Base Metal Trading AG (IBMT) This company is now operated as a joint venture
- FAB/DERA Mineral Resources Round-Table Discussion at CRONIMET Mining AG in Karlsruhe
- Recycling project is implemented in the South African township of Smash Block in partnership with the German Investment and Development Corporation (DEG)
- Foundation of CRONIMET Energy SA, South Africa
- Construction of the world's largest solar PV-diesel hybrid facility in South Africa